The general objectiv of the project is to facilitate the cooperation between farmers in the Local Action Group Podisul Mediasului territory for selling local products through short food chains, establish an associative structure and promoting short food chains.
The project involves 15 local producers from the villages of Curciu, Micasasa, Darlos, Mosna and Bazna, who initially participated in a training course where they developed a personalized marketing plan according to their specific activity.
Subsequently, different types of baskets were created with the products from the 15 producers and are delivered every Tuesday to customer’s home with a refrigerated vehicle.
Customers subscribe online for the baskets through an online store www.bucatedinproximitate.ro according to necessity: one delivery per month, two or even four deliveries per month, also having the possibility to choose a vegetarian basket.
The promotion of the short food chain is done through organized events:
- Meetings with producers and customers
- Farm Day
- Bike-brunch organized in partnership with "Colinele Transilvaniei"
- Organizing „Courtyard Dinning”
- Animation activities - presentations, seminars, visits to villages in LAG Podisul Mediasului
- Website with online store and Social Media Advertising
- On-line and offline advertising
We also want the producers to see other good practice examples in the country so we will organise 2 external visits:
- Visit to the Lunca Somesului Mic cooperative, one of the first cooperatives set up to carry out direct sales in markets and shops, being a model of good practice regarding local and regional sales through a short food chain.
- Study visit to the agricultural horticultural cooperative Alba - successful example in terms of product marketing - 60 associate producers who opened their own shop in Alba Iulia.