CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY SOLUTIONS
Some of Europe’s most important cultural landscapes are found in Romania, especially Transylvania. These 'High Nature Value' landscapes provide good food and high local employment; they protect many aspects of local culture, and provide many other spiritual and environmental benefits for the wider European public. But they are under threat. It would be a tragedy to lose them now, just as their importance and irreplaceability is being understood.
Social Responsibility of Corporates can step in and recreate the balance towards a more sustainable future development.
According to the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), “Corporate social responsibility is a management concept whereby companies integrate social and environmental concerns in their business operations and interactions with their stakeholders. CSR is generally understood as being the way through which a company achieves a balance of economic, environmental and social imperatives (Triple-Bottom-Line Approach), while at the same time addressing the expectations of shareholders and stakeholders. In this sense it is important to draw a distinction between CSR, which can be a strategic business management concept, and charity, sponsorships or philanthropy. Even though the latter can also make a valuable contribution to poverty reduction, will directly enhance the reputation of a company and strengthen its brand, the concept of CSR clearly goes beyond that.”
Fundatia ADEPT Transilvania has a track record of activities undertaken contributing towards the following items as stated in Schedule VII of Companies Act, 2013 for Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Rural development projects;
- Protection of national heritage;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- Promotion and development of traditional ans and handicrafts;
- Promoting education - Consumer education and awareness & Research and studies;
- Vocational skills - Capacity building for farmers covering best sustainable farm management practices to predominantly benefit rural farming community & Training agriculture labour on skill development to predominantly benefit rural farming community;
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition - Food supply as a disaster relief measure;
- Renewable energy projects.
If you wish to include our projects in your CSR Strategy, we would be more than happy to discuss more about a possible collaboration.